Tea Talk

Talk, mix, mingle, have a good time. Just ... be kind.
Maeve

Tea Talk

Post by Maeve »

I quite like it, and long ago many Boardies convinced me that a kettle was a good thing to have. They were right!

I like Taylors of Harrogate Assam. I like the Ceylon, but it makes me jittery. I like Fortnum & Mason, but not the Assam. I like the Royal Blend and Queen Anne. There was another one, but I can’t find it on their site. They do have new blends that sound lovely, but I just can’t afford it right now.

I do not like Twining’s for some reason.
Weirdy American Tart Thing
BeeZee

Re: Tea Talk

Post by BeeZee »

Since we got a kettle we haven't replaced our microwave and no I did NOT do the tea in a microwave. I just heated the water.
I like really strong black tea, Irish Breakfast (not even sure what that includes) with a little sugar and a dollop of milk, so I can watch the swirls.
First thing in the morning, and then again I crave it at 3:30-4:00 p.m. Maybe that's where tea time comes from.

Now of course, Spawn working at the co-op- and being a sensible sort- he goes for herbals at night. We have more damn Yogi Tea varieties than I can even understand what they're about.

I drink the black tea right up 'til bedtime.
I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky's the limit!
fluffyllama

Post by fluffyllama »

I been lookin for some interesting new loose leaf teas, but I’m finding out most things that look interesting/tasty to me have “flavors” as an ingredient 🤦🏻‍♀️
That’s exactly what I’m trying to get away from!
BeeZee

Post by BeeZee »

La Société du Thé

These guys are the BEST for loose leaf. Not sure how they're handling Covid sales, but 2708 Lyndale is close to home.
I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky's the limit!
fluffyllama

Post by fluffyllama »

BeeZee wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:07 am La Société du Thé

These guys are the BEST for loose leaf. Not sure how they're handling Covid sales, but 2708 Lyndale is close to home.
::checks website::
Ooooooooooooo!
🥺 I wanna go sniff all the teas!
Apathy

Post by Apathy »

I'm still working on tea Maeve helped me pick out in Pittsburgh laaaaast? year? There's an Earl Grey and honeybush I love, a china rose mix that's pretty good, and a fourth one I didn't get for myself so I've never actually tried it lol
after all, we only get the one life to defile
Royko

Post by Royko »

A Victorian steampunk tea place opened near us this year. We didn't get to try it until July thanks to the pandemic, and even then they had to close down again not long again because of virus exposure, but we took the girls and it was delightful. You get to pick out your tea cups, and they had scones (absolutely delicious), decent finger sandwiches, clotted cream, the whole shebang. They have a wide variety of teas. We ended up trying the bluish/purplish "Indigo Punch", which is described as "Indigo Punch combines the delicate tang of rosehips and apple pieces with the earthy tones of a gorgeous butterfly pea flower. Bright lemongrass, lemon peel, and vivid raspberry with a touch of honey. Brews blue!" It was very tart and acidic, but quite nice if you're into that sort of things. For the girls they added lemonade (which is called a "magic lemonade") and the lemonade makes it cloudy and more purple.

It was fun. We're eager to go back when we get another chance.
What's the point of wearing your favorite rocketship underpants if nobody ever asks to see 'em?
Ophelia's Vengeance

Post by Ophelia's Vengeance »

I became a huge fan of Mariage Freres tea last year and find their blends to be a work of art. Love love their French Breakfast tea. Was gifted an advent calendar of their teas last holiday season, and it was amazing. If not their blends, I tend to make my own herbal loose leaf teas.
the band was altogether, yes he was alright, the song went on forever
Royko

Post by Royko »

I could go for a cup. *Looks around hopefully*
What's the point of wearing your favorite rocketship underpants if nobody ever asks to see 'em?
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

I’ll put the kettle on.
Weirdy American Tart Thing