Thanksgiiiiiiving

Talk, mix, mingle, have a good time. Just ... be kind.

What is your favorite Thanksgiving side?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:08 pm

Stuffing
45%
Mashed Potatoes
6%
Green Bean Casserole
10%
Sweet Potato something
No votes
Mac & Cheese
No votes
Rolls
3%
Deviled Eggs
6%
Cranberry Sauce
10%
Gravy - just your own personal soup bowl of gravy.
13%
MEAT (other)
6%

Total votes: 31

Maeve

Re: Thanksgiiiiiiving

Post by Maeve »

Lasagna. I have a machine to grind the durum wheat. I have another machine to mix and knead the dough and also squish the noodles. I do not like ricotta and mozz, so I make a bechamel, this is time consuming, but delicious. I have a big chunk of parmesan in the fridge that needs to be grated, might do that tomorrow.

I did manage to find a smallish turkey, 10 pounds, and apparently I had grocery store points, so I got the thing for $5.16. So there will be turkey dinner with stuffing some time in the future. And then I will have bones and then I will make stock and then there will be soup!
Weirdy American Tart Thing
fduncan

Post by fduncan »

Maeve wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:09 am Lasagna. I have a machine to grind the durum wheat. I have another machine to mix and knead the dough and also squish the noodles. I do not like ricotta and mozz, so I make a bechamel, this is time consuming, but delicious. I have a big chunk of parmesan in the fridge that needs to be grated, might do that tomorrow.

I did manage to find a smallish turkey, 10 pounds, and apparently I had grocery store points, so I got the thing for $5.16. So there will be turkey dinner with stuffing some time in the future. And then I will have bones and then I will make stock and then there will be soup!
I used to make the moussaka from the Moosewood cookbook - that had a lovely bechamel in it. Creamy, dreamy ..
Yep. *that* fduncan. Board-crasher, right-coaster, fat-thumbed grammar nebish
[he/him/boomer]
Cavenagh

Post by Cavenagh »

We'll be doing............................

Slow Roasted Pork Shoulder + Crackling + Hasselback Squash + Butter Braised Cabbage + Carrot Puree + Trotter Gravy

Then............

Lime & Mango Cheesecake ontop Ginger Nut Base.

& Gin.
tree bad fire pretty
Furious

Post by Furious »

I'll be doing...

Fruit Loop and Spaghetti-O casserole with a side dish of cold McDonald french fries

chocolate milk, mint Pop Rocks, the cheapest vodka possible, and Pepto Bismol to make a cocktail i call the Four Stages of Grief

hologram kit from Blade Runner 2049 to make it look like a turkey dinnah

:mrgreen:
y u poek bear?
Ophelia's Vengeance

Post by Ophelia's Vengeance »

I'll be doing turkey drumsticks, gravy, buttermilk biscuits, roasted greenbeans and squash, and wine. Definitely wine.
the band was altogether, yes he was alright, the song went on forever
Dark Mark

Post by Dark Mark »

There's two Thanksgiving threads?

Harumph I say.

Harumph.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Dark Mark wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:06 pm There's two Thanksgiving threads?

Harumph I say.

Harumph.
You know what Americans are like about food...
Weirdy American Tart Thing
BeeZee

Post by BeeZee »

Spawn was going to bring home turkey thighs from work, but rampaging customer base meant the co-op was all out of anything turkey 2 days ago, so Spawn and I are having the sides.
Mashed garlic potatoes, sage dressing with onion and Granny Smith apple, in a baking pan. LOTS of gravy (that was a killer turkey stock I had frozen), roasted butternut squash with brown sugar and toasted pecans, brioche rolls.

Apple cranberry crisp for dessert if we can, otherwise that'll be breakfast tomorrow.
Quite content and thankful here.
I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky's the limit!
Jenalou

Post by Jenalou »

We're doing our usual- turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, broccoli casserole, sweet potato and apple casserole, cranberry sauce, crescent rolls, wine, sparkling cider, double layer pumpkin pie, apple crisp, and pecan pie. But we're doing it tomorrow because everyone had work/school yesterday and I wanted a prep day. The part that's different from "normal" is ThatOneInBlack can't come home, so it's dinner for 4 instead of 5. :cry:
~Danger OctoKitty