Remembering How To Shift

Talk, mix, mingle, have a good time. Just ... be kind.
Ophelia's Vengeance

Re: Remembering How To Shift

Post by Ophelia's Vengeance »

Finally, fall weather is returning. I can't with 80 degree weather AND humidity in mid-October.
the band was altogether, yes he was alright, the song went on forever
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Welp, I thought I had a chance to have proper internet… checked out speeds at the neighbour’s house, it was great. She did say that until recently it had been a bit shit, but they fixed some wires and it’s been good. So I called and ordered and they finally got here at 9:56 (8 to 10am arrival time) and he hiked around the house, only to inform me that since there aren’t power lines into my house he doesn’t know how to get it in here.

Yonks ago when dad put up the solar panels, they all decided that it’d be easier to go underground from the pole, because we live in the boonies and trees and critters and things affect the wires…

So. He gave me some false hope by telling me he needs to kick it up higher and have his supervisor come out here to check things out, but it won’t happen today.

Anyway. I shouldn't be surprised, I am not allowed nice things. :/
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Furious

Post by Furious »

Maeve wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:27 pm Welp, I thought I had a chance to have proper internet...
Between the military presence and the Big Data infrastructure, Omaha has some pretty good Interwoobs, so if you really need the bandwith, Maeve, you should think about moving your family h-

You should think about moving your family h-

You should thi- Ican'tsayitdon'tcomehere

Sweet mother of God, don't come here! 😳
y u poek bear?
Ophelia's Vengeance

Maeve wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:27 pm Welp, I thought I had a chance to have proper internet… checked out speeds at the neighbour’s house, it was great. She did say that until recently it had been a bit shit, but they fixed some wires and it’s been good. So I called and ordered and they finally got here at 9:56 (8 to 10am arrival time) and he hiked around the house, only to inform me that since there aren’t power lines into my house he doesn’t know how to get it in here.

Yonks ago when dad put up the solar panels, they all decided that it’d be easier to go underground from the pole, because we live in the boonies and trees and critters and things affect the wires…

So. He gave me some false hope by telling me he needs to kick it up higher and have his supervisor come out here to check things out, but it won’t happen today.

Anyway. I shouldn't be surprised, I am not allowed nice things. :/
Fingers crossed for you, it could happen and shouldn't be too difficult given that you don't live in a city. I was one of the first FIOS customers where I used to live, and they had to do some digging, but it worked out in the end.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Ahahahahaha, Verizon won’t pay to bring fios to my house! Don’t silly, that cuts into their profit margin.

I haven’t been to Nebraska since I was ten and we did a camping road trip around the US. We hit swarms of enormous bugs in Nebraska. I was in the cab if the truck and the splat noises! And that’s my memory of Nebraska.
Ophelia's Vengeance

I remember driving through Nebraska. So utterly flat and boring. Blah.
Furious

Post by Furious »

Maeve wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:45 pm Ahahahahaha, Verizon won’t pay to bring fios to my house! Don’t silly, that cuts into their profit margin.

I haven’t been to Nebraska since I was ten and we did a camping road trip around the US. We hit swarms of enormous bugs in Nebraska. I was in the cab if the truck and the splat noises! And that’s my memory of Nebraska.
Ophelia's Vengeance wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:35 pm I remember driving through Nebraska. So utterly flat and boring. Blah.

"Do not anger the corn!"

"What?"

"dO NOt ANgEr thE cORN!!"

2021-10-24_22-50-34.jpg
2021-10-24_22-50-34.jpg (14.43 KiB) Viewed 2115 times
y u poek bear?
Ophelia's Vengeance

That reminds me, Prime has a Children of the Corn knockoff movie that looks spectacularly awful.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Was officially told that they won’t service my house, so I guess I give my money to the man who has all the damn money and get Dishy McDishface… er… Starlink.

I can scrape up the monthly fee, not happy about it, but, whatevs. It’s the initial equipment fee of $500+. I have other far more essential bills to be paid, although I will have to tap the investments for siding.

Maybe a new year’s prezzie to myself.
Furious

Post by Furious »

I hate paying my ridiculous Cox Communications bill every month (heh. Cox), but when you do any type of school or business online, what are you gonna do?
y u poek bear?