What are you drinking? (and why?)

Talk, mix, mingle, have a good time. Just ... be kind.
Royko

Re: What are you drinking? (and why?)

Post by Royko »

Maeve wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:41 pm I don’t understand fat free half n half.
I don't, either, but it has fewer calories than the normal stuff. I miss doing heavy cream.
What's the point of wearing your favorite rocketship underpants if nobody ever asks to see 'em?
BeeZee

Post by BeeZee »

Circus wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:14 pm ... lots and lots of Turkish coffee and espresso lately. There's an art to the former that I haven't fully mastered, but damn, it's good.
I was taught to bring the grounds/powder and the sugar to a fast boil (and pull it off the heat as soon as it does) 3 times then let it settle and drink it after the third time.
Of course you kind of end up sifting the ground through your teeth, but it's worth it.
I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky's the limit!
Circus

Post by Circus »

BeeZee wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:17 pm
Circus wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:14 pm ... lots and lots of Turkish coffee and espresso lately. There's an art to the former that I haven't fully mastered, but damn, it's good.
I was taught to bring the grounds/powder and the sugar to a fast boil (and pull it off the heat as soon as it does) 3 times then let it settle and drink it after the third time.
Of course you kind of end up sifting the ground through your teeth, but it's worth it.
Yup! That's how I do it. I feel like there's a specific size of bubbles I'm looking for, though -- and sometimes I can get them, but other times it just doesn't want to happen.
Cavenagh

Post by Cavenagh »

Gin and tonics. Because we're awake.
tree bad fire pretty
wanderinginmn

Post by wanderinginmn »

Cavenagh wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:48 am Gin and tonics. Because we're awake.
What kind of gin?
-I.
wanderinginmn

Post by wanderinginmn »

BeeZee wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:46 pm Everclear (which I don't actually drink), because I can can also use it as a spray disinfectant. Yay 2020

That change to beer and wine expert sounds mind and soul saving. Doing what you love.
Everclear is just wrong. But, yeah, would serve as a disinfectant. (just keep it away from starfoam cups [Sonic cherry limeade miss-hap back in high school].)

And, indeed, much more soul in dirt, grapes, climate, and fermentation than in databases and doctors (especially when i got too far up the ladder.) Same eye-glossing happens when i talk too much about specific stuff like vine training systems and dirt, but more fun with a glass of wine than with a power point. :D
-I.
wanderinginmn

Post by wanderinginmn »

Drinking a rather distinct Gin from Barcelona. Gin Mare.

Tag line:
Blending individual distillations of arbequina olives, thyme, rosemary, basil, cardamom, coriander and juniper berries gathered from our own farms and citrus fruits, soaked in advanced for more than a year in special large clay jars.
Nose is primarily rosemary and thyme with some lemon coming through over a very slight bed of pine from the juniper (rather far removed from London Dry.) There is a bit of salinity and complexity coming from the other botanicals. It does have a bit of flair and burn at 42.7% alcohol. That being said, this is a Gin to pair with soda and perhaps a slight twist of lemon or lime. The sweetness from tonic would ruin it. It is quite lovely.

https://www.ginmare.com/
-I.
Motley

Post by Motley »

Tea
Cos it's early and I'm British.
Too early to start drinking drinking. Maybe that will come later. Maybe not. But it is Friday.
" I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
Kurt Vonnegut Jnr
SaintNightWalker

Post by SaintNightWalker »

I'm not allowed to drink alcohol for at least another 6 weeks. Also, caffeine is a no-no.

So, I'm drinking water. Occasionally hot water with lemon, occasionally with some not-caffeinated rooibos tea.

*sigh*
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

I like water with lime juice. Lemons too, but I prefer lime. No sugar. I have to deal with carbs because of borderline diabetes. Also, I do hope your rehab progresses well! *hugs*

Ivan, I don’t like gin, but that gin sounds delicious!
Weirdy American Tart Thing