What are you drinking? (and why?)

Talk, mix, mingle, have a good time. Just ... be kind.
Jeepz

Re: What are you drinking? (and why?)

Post by Jeepz »

I've taken to drinking whisky in COVID times - Makers and Woodford Reserve (something Rae got from a client). I also had a friend give me a bottle of Bumbu rum, which I'm very muchly enjoying, and the bottle is going way too fast.

We've also been buying a LOT of wine.
Apathy

Post by Apathy »

Jeepz wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:00 am I've taken to drinking whisky in COVID times - Makers and Woodford Reserve (something Rae got from a client). I also had a friend give me a bottle of Bumbu rum, which I'm very muchly enjoying, and the bottle is going way too fast.

Bumbu rum? Tell me more, I have a weakness for rum
after all, we only get the one life to defile
Jeepz

Post by Jeepz »

This is where my friend got it. It's got a lot of flavor, I've work many a late night sipping on this.
Barbados- Rich and complex aromas of Madagascar vanilla, soft caramel and toasted oak. Bumbu has notes of cinnamon, roasted nuts and allspice perfectly blended to achieve a mild sweetness and light, smooth finish. A all-natural craft rum aged up to 15 years in small batches.
Apathy

Post by Apathy »

Jeepz wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:11 am This is where my friend got it. It's got a lot of flavor, I've work many a late night sipping on this.
Barbados- Rich and complex aromas of Madagascar vanilla, soft caramel and toasted oak. Bumbu has notes of cinnamon, roasted nuts and allspice perfectly blended to achieve a mild sweetness and light, smooth finish. A all-natural craft rum aged up to 15 years in small batches.
That sounds delicious
Furious

Post by Furious »

1800 Margarita Tequila and 7-up. In a sports bottle. Image

(testing image attachment thingies, looks like hosting on Dropbox and then copying the link isn't working)
y u poek bear?
wanderinginmn

Post by wanderinginmn »

smalltown wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:18 pm
The shade being thrown!

It’s Bulleit (because I didn’t realize the owners were terrible people before I bought it) and Canada Dry. I like a little bit of ginger but not an overwhelming amount, so I stick with a couple ounces of soda instead of beer.
Bulleit purged some of that, cannot attest to them being better, but i do know they did purge at least some of the family out of the company due to homophobia, and good fucking riddance. Is it a good bourbon or 'rye' for the price point (specifically talking about the liquid), yeah, for $20, it is not bad.

Buffalo Trace is $5 more here, and is a much better bourbon. Though allocations make it harder to get at this point during the year.

Though I should prep a 5k word essay on manufactured scarcity and the bourbon market and why clear Pepsi and New coke from the 80s lead us here. Good times.
-I.
wanderinginmn

Post by wanderinginmn »

Maeve wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:57 pm Is juniper what makes it taste like what I imagine licking a pine tree must taste like? That’s the part I didn’t like. When I had gin, like... 30ish years ago? I did like the several hour long buzz though.
Yes. Juniper is the piney bit. :)
-I.
wanderinginmn

Post by wanderinginmn »

Jeepz wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:00 am I've taken to drinking whisky in COVID times - Makers and Woodford Reserve (something Rae got from a client). I also had a friend give me a bottle of Bumbu rum, which I'm very muchly enjoying, and the bottle is going way too fast.

Banana Rum, fun. :D

What wine and from where?
-I.
wanderinginmn

Post by wanderinginmn »

Furious wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:07 am 1800 Margarita Tequila and 7-up. In a sports bottle. Image

(testing image attachment thingies, looks like hosting on Dropbox and then copying the link isn't working)
I know you were testing, but, ew.

Glad to see you here in the new thingy though.
-I.
Apathy

Post by Apathy »

wanderinginmn wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:28 am
Maeve wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:57 pm Is juniper what makes it taste like what I imagine licking a pine tree must taste like? That’s the part I didn’t like. When I had gin, like... 30ish years ago? I did like the several hour long buzz though.
Yes. Juniper is the piney bit. :)
That's the best thing about gin. It tastes like Christmas