What are we watching?

Want to talk about some nifty piece of media that isn't Neil-related? This is the place to do it.
Furious

Re: What are we watching?

Post by Furious »

Maeve wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:16 pm Yeah, I suppose I should devote some time to Justice League, but... blah.

Yesterday I had some decent speeds and downloaded the first two eps of Doom Patrol. I assumed that they were placed in viewing order, but apparently they were not and I watched ep 2 first. um. As if the show wasn’t already confusing. I downloaded some more for tonight.
Is Doom Patrol on HBOMax? It'd better be.
y u poek bear?
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Furious wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:57 am
Maeve wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:16 pm Yeah, I suppose I should devote some time to Justice League, but... blah.

Yesterday I had some decent speeds and downloaded the first two eps of Doom Patrol. I assumed that they were placed in viewing order, but apparently they were not and I watched ep 2 first. um. As if the show wasn’t already confusing. I downloaded some more for tonight.
Is Doom Patrol on HBOMax? It'd better be.
Yes! It’s very weird and fun!
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Ophelia's Vengeance

Post by Ophelia's Vengeance »

After others recommended it, have delved into Irregulars and it fills that niche form of escapism Fate/Winx and Warrior Nun had filled.
the band was altogether, yes he was alright, the song went on forever
Furious

Post by Furious »

Wrestlemania was poop. I mean poop. Glad it was free for me.

Falcon/Winter Soldier? Gave up on it.

Next big media thing I'm looking forward to is Mortal Kombat but I'm not expecting that to be high drama. :D
y u poek bear?
Furious

Post by Furious »

Furious wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:28 pm Falcon/Winter Soldier? Gave up on it.
Gave in and watched Ep. 4 and was more interested in my Chromebook than what was on the screen. Too grim and gritty and NOT FUN, which is a weird statement coming from a Punisher fan. :roll:
y u poek bear?
Royko

Post by Royko »

Watching Lucifer, which is fun and does have moments where it feels almost a little Sandman-y, at least moreso than I expected, but boy is it a heteronormative take on the character, which I'm sure you wouldn't get in a Gaiman version of the character, especially since the show's Lucifer is actually similar to Desire.
What's the point of wearing your favorite rocketship underpants if nobody ever asks to see 'em?