Scoot's Spoopy Spooptober Movie Review Thread

Want to talk about some nifty piece of media that isn't Neil-related? This is the place to do it.
Ophelia's Vengeance

Re: Scoot's Spoopy Spooptober Movie Review Thread

Post by Ophelia's Vengeance »

Furious wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:01 pm I impulse-bought a game called milk outside a bag of milk outside a bag of milk (that's not me grammarspazzing that's the real title.
That's... something. What's the storyline of the game?
the band was altogether, yes he was alright, the song went on forever
Furious

Post by Furious »

Iyeee... forget?

Months ago I wishlisted it on Steam and I decided to impulse buy it for Spooptober... I'll be going into it without any idea of what the gameplay is like.

Buying a new set of headphones+mike for the Twitch streaming. Tested my old headphones with Twitch Studio and Alien Isolation and NOTHING WORKED. I also tried using OBS Studio only to discover I've forgotten how to use OBS Studio, plus the headphones still didn't work.

After some more troubleshooting I'm guessing the old headphone driver doesn't want to play nice with the Windows 11. Don't want to use my nice Yeti microphone because I don't want to worry about the location of my head while i'm gaming. The half-assed solution? Buy a new headphone/mike set with it's own proprietary drivers. https://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Cloud-Gam ... 354&sr=8-3

At least my Xbox controller seamlessly works with Windows 11's bluetooth.
y u poek bear?
Furious

Post by Furious »

www.twitchtv.com/kaijubooboo

Will be futzing around with Twitch playing The Last Door (no voiceover) for the next hour if youre interested. 😛
y u poek bear?
Furious

Post by Furious »

Played through the entire Last Door Chapter One and i noticed a few things:

1- my internets keep getting kicked off for a fraction of a second, making the streaming software end and restart. Probably looks like a hiccup to the viewer, but it creates a new video every time it hiccups. I need feedback if this makes it unwatchable on your end.

2- the chat isn't saved with the stream, so its pretty boring watching without me audibly commenting or you being able to see the chat(i think i had a few good one liners there)

Next step, testing the new headphones, which i wont get until 9/22. Also have to learn OBS Studio again and see if i can get rid of that hiccup.
y u poek bear?
Furious

Post by Furious »

After a lot of grumbling and tweaking, I solved both problems with my Twitch streaming!

1 - SPOTTY INTERNETS - traded my TMobile Internet Gateway box in for a newer model and the 5GHz band is much better. Plus since the Gateway box uses WiFi 6 (WPA3 level security) and my motherboard wi-fi could only handle Wi-Fi 5 (WPA2 level security), I turned the mobo wi-fi off and plugged in a USB Wi-Fi 6 antenna/adapter to my PC. All works well... that is, until they roll out Wi-Fi 7 next year and I may have to jump through the interwub hoops again :roll:

2 - CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?? - If you haven't upgraded to Windows 11 yet, the OS has the typical pain in the ass learning curve from Microsoft loves to barf out "to make our lives easier". This time they've buried speaker and microphone settings even deeper and you still have to go to

Win+R, "Control", then click on the Device Manager AND Sound icons to tweak/turn on and off crap: I had to manually turn on Realtek Stereo Mix for my mono HyperX Cloud II headset microphone to work (whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??? :x :x :x :x ), and

AND :x

I still had to go into the Windows 11 Settings panel and give Twitch my security blessing to use the HyperX microphone even though it automatically accepted the headset speakers. Real intuitive. Yeah.

When troubleshooting the HyperX Cloud II, I discovered many people couldn't figure this out and are outright returning their headsets. There's no one HyperX/Realtek/Microsoft/reddit guide to figuring this out! *facepalm*

Anyhoo... https://www.twitch.tv/kaijubooboo

Before Spoopy Spooptober begins I'm going to do a two hour or so live stream of Serious Sam 4 this weekend, Saturday or Sunday 9/24-25. The 10 minute test run I twitched last night at 720p, 60 frames went really well. I'll give out the times when my own weekend plans are figured out.

Gonna have to practice speaking again -- two hours of nasally high pitched "uh um uhhh OH SH*T!!" is going to kill my voice. Think I need to stock up on Monster Lemonade/Tea and some warm drink with honey.

AAAAAAAAAAAA! 2022-09-23_12-37-27.gif
AAAAAAAAAAAA! 2022-09-23_12-37-27.gif (143.54 KiB) Viewed 156 times
y u poek bear?
Furious

Post by Furious »

Serious Sam 4. Tonight 9pm CST (UTC-5)

Had another weird glitch yesterday where my left monitor went dead even though "everything was working". Left Monitir was HDMI to DisplayPort and Right Monitor was HDMI to HDMI (of course the expensive cable that to local store carries is the one that glitches out on me).

Nothing worked and no one in Omerhaw had sold a new cable - - MicroCenter in Minnesota man i miss you - - so I tried something stupid:

I swapped the cables so they crisscrossed to the opposite monitors. It worked! 😜🎉🎆

But what's weird was that my monitors didn't reverse... Left was still on the left and Right was still on the right... i think my PCs haunted. 👻👻
y u poek bear?