What are we watching?

Want to talk about some nifty piece of media that isn't Neil-related? This is the place to do it.
Ophelia's Vengeance

Re: What are we watching?

Post by Ophelia's Vengeance »

weeble wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:08 pm Reservation Dogs. I got Hulu to watch it. The episodes feel super short, I'm jonesing for more!
Same! I binged the series to date last weekend and feel it really started to catch its stride around ep 4. So happy to see it was renewed for a second season.
the band was altogether, yes he was alright, the song went on forever
Furious

Post by Furious »

Tigtone
Rating of Fury: A

Dungeons and dragons and DEATH!

The first I heard of the Adult Swim series Tigtone was through an ad in a comic book, where there were multiple views of this CGI head shouting at me.

Meh, not interested.

Fast forward to now: free HBOMax and surfing for something, anything, to wash the bad taste of Reminiscence (Rating of Scoot: POOP) out of my mouth. I found Tigtone.

If you ever wondered what I'm like playing a RPG like Skyrim, WATCH THIS CARTOON.

Over the top humor, animation that'll give you nightmares and LOTS OF SHOUTING! I CAN'T EMPHASIZE THE SHOUTING ENOUGH!

There's only two seasons of Tigtone, but the jokes pretty much run their courses, so it ended before it jumped the shark (or Tigtone killed it).

It's a little gory for kids, so unless you're trying to give them night terrors you don't want them to watch this, but for the rest of us, LET THE MURDQUESTERLING COMMENCE!
y u poek bear?
Furious

Post by Furious »

Copshop
Rating of Fury: B+

The Good, the Bad, the Ugly, and the Batsh*t Psycho

A few minutes into Copshop, I was worried that it was a grindhouse flick, and I’m still recovering from the migraine Danzig’s House of Vampires gave me. Luckily, Copshop has excellent dialogue with it’s shoot-em-up storyline. The movie’s violent, but much of it is toned down with things occurring out of camera shot. It’s not a kids movie, yet I can bet the entire movie could be played on network TV without editing.

A con artist (the Ugly) punches a cop (the Good) to get arrested so the mob doesn’t whack him. Smarter-than-your-average-assassin Gerard Butler (the Bad) gets himself arrested to get to the con artist while another assassin (the Batsh*t Psycho) uses a unique method to infiltrate the police station. Every character has charisma and I found myself rooting for all of them, even though 3/4ths of the cast is an encyclopedia of EVIL.

Why the B+ rating? The movie relies on the "If they didn’t die onscreen they’re not dead" cliche, which is a shame since they could have avoided it. Seeing the not-dead characters play some more is fun but resurrecting offscreen via Tigtone healing potions (mmmmm… Tigtone…) cheapens the journey Copshop takes you on.

Edit: Another reason for the B+ is the movie's jail banter of aspirin harming your liver -- this is incorrect. While ODing on anything messes you up, it's acetaminophen (Tylenol) that can hurt your liver or kill you if you take too much of it at once (3000mg).
y u poek bear?
Furious

Post by Furious »

Doom Patrol S3E3 - Death was mentioned a few times as a her. No screentime though.
y u poek bear?
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Furious wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:44 am Doom Patrol S3E3 - Death was mentioned a few times as a her. No screentime though.

Dead Boy Detectives were just splendid! There are rumours that they might get a show of their own? That might be fun. But, well, if it takes off, how are they going to handle the actors getting older?
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Furious

Post by Furious »

Maeve wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:44 pm

Dead Boy Detectives were just splendid! There are rumours that they might get a show of their own? That might be fun. But, well, if it takes off, how are they going to handle the actors getting older?
That DID look like one of those cameos-to-promo-our-own-show things, didn't it?

Real answer: Aging could be explained as a maturing of their personalities, since as ghosts, thats all they got.
Scoot answer: Clones. In. Cryostorage.
y u poek bear?
Ophelia's Vengeance

Maeve wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:44 pm
Furious wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:44 am Doom Patrol S3E3 - Death was mentioned a few times as a her. No screentime though.

The Dead Boys Detectives pilot has been ordered, so definitely fact. Was so excited to see them (and the trailer for Sandman). Doom Patrol had a good start to the new season.
Furious

Post by Furious »

Doom Patrol S3E4:
Oogle_anim.gif
Oogle_anim.gif (1.26 KiB) Viewed 898 times
Oogle_anim.gif
Oogle_anim.gif
Oogle_anim.gif
Oogle_anim.gif
Oogle_anim.gif
Oogle_anim.gif
y u poek bear?
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

I forgot about Doom Patrol dropping on Thursdays, thanks for the reminder! I tried to post this message last night before I watched it, wouldn’t go through. Then I watched it.

That was completely bonkers!
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Ophelia's Vengeance

Need to catch up on the latest. Usually Shadows and Y the Last Man are my first catch-ups at the end of the week.