What are we watching?

Want to talk about some nifty piece of media that isn't Neil-related? This is the place to do it.
Furious

Re: What are we watching?

Post by Furious »

Stormtrooper armor:
- doesn't protect against standard laser blasts
- cant see out the damn helmets (y u no shoot str8??)
- gets dirty easily (sucks for inspection)
- has to use a hand-held communicator instead of something installed in the damn helmets

Why?
y u poek bear?
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

WandaVision!

It’s a bit bonkers, and I have no idea what’s going on. There’s a bunch of symbolism/throwbacks to Marvel things and I don’t have a clue. Don’t care, it was very entertaining.
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Furious

Post by Furious »

Maeve wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:16 am WandaVision!

It’s a bit bonkers, and I have no idea what’s going on. There’s a bunch of symbolism/throwbacks to Marvel things and I don’t have a clue. Don’t care, it was very entertaining.
Being the dork that I am, I think I figured out who the villain is, or at least one of them.

Do you think the kids get all the old sitcom references?
y u poek bear?
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Furious wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:07 am
Maeve wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:16 am WandaVision!

Being the dork that I am, I think I figured out who the villain is, or at least one of them.

Do you think the kids get all the old sitcom references?
Devlin is aware if them? But I think for him it’s just a style sort of thing. I had to check imdb to figure out who the blonde is. Duh!
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Ophelia's Vengeance

Post by Ophelia's Vengeance »

In the continued adventures of catching up on all the Netflix shows everyone has already seen, am finally watching (and quite enjoying) Witcher.
the band was altogether, yes he was alright, the song went on forever
Furious

Post by Furious »

Ophelia's Vengeance wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:19 pm In the continued adventures of catching up on all the Netflix shows everyone has already seen, am finally watching (and quite enjoying) Witcher.
My interest in Witcher lasted about as long as my interest in the Witcher games... 2 hours?

I need IMMEDIATE dopamine release!
y u poek bear?
Furious

Post by Furious »

Maeve wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:23 pm I had to check imdb to figure out who the blonde is. Duh!
Um... without spoiling it, imdb has The Guy Who I Think Is The Secret Baddie labeled as Commercial Man, and if you're a Marvel Dork like me, you saw where the show hinted at his real name.
y u poek bear?
Ophelia's Vengeance

Post by Ophelia's Vengeance »

Furious wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:53 am
Ophelia's Vengeance wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:19 pm In the continued adventures of catching up on all the Netflix shows everyone has already seen, am finally watching (and quite enjoying) Witcher.
My interest in Witcher lasted about as long as my interest in the Witcher games... 2 hours?

It reminded me of D&D campaigning which was enough to hold my interest. Now onto The Queen's Gambit.
the band was altogether, yes he was alright, the song went on forever
Furious

Post by Furious »

Ophelia's Vengeance wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:47 pm
Furious wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:53 am

It reminded me of D&D campaigning which was enough to hold my interest. Now onto The Queen's Gambit.
Since my movie theater's showing uninteresting crap (yeah I know the irony) I signed up for Shudder which streams all the cheesariffic horror movies that I want.
y u poek bear?
Furious

Post by Furious »

Wandavision is giving that good slow boil Lost feel.
y u poek bear?