What are we watching?

Want to talk about some nifty piece of media that isn't Neil-related? This is the place to do it.
Furious

Re: What are we watching?

Post by Furious »

Doom Patrol, Season 1

Sometimes it could be 10% less edgy, but it's a good show.
y u poek bear?
Ophelia's Vengeance

Post by Ophelia's Vengeance »

@Furilily, I was gifted a bluray of the first season and have been meaning to watch it. How does the level of violence in it compare to The Boys?
the band was altogether, yes he was alright, the song went on forever
Furious

Post by Furious »

Ophelia's Vengeance wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:00 pm @Furilily, I was gifted a bluray of the first season and have been meaning to watch it. How does the level of violence in it compare to The Boys?
It has violence but for a superhero show, it's not over the top. The show's more about character development. In fact I think fans of Neil's fiction would enjoy Doom Patrol.

Disclaimer:
I've only seen the first episode of The Boys, but I've read the series. Kinda like The Walking Dead; no burning desire to watch it since I read the first 110 issues or so. I REALLY wanted Simon Pegg to play Hughie. :( Doom Patrol is new to me.
y u poek bear?
Furious

Post by Furious »

Oh, almost forgot

*gravyballoons the Spork-bellied beast*
y u poek bear?
Ophelia's Vengeance

Furious wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:35 am
Ophelia's Vengeance wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:00 pm @Furilily, I was gifted a bluray of the first season and have been meaning to watch it. How does the level of violence in it compare to The Boys?
It has violence but for a superhero show, it's not over the top. The show's more about character development. In fact I think fans of Neil's fiction would enjoy Doom Patrol.

Disclaimer:
I've only seen the first episode of The Boys, but I've read the series. Kinda like The Walking Dead; no burning desire to watch it since I read the first 110 issues or so. I REALLY wanted Simon Pegg to play Hughie. :( Doom Patrol is new to me.
That sounds perfect for me. Will have to bump it toward the top of my to-watch list.

Oh yeah and *ArrangesFurililyinabootifulThanksgivingflowerarrangementsoeveryonecanadmirehisflowerness*
Furious

Post by Furious »

*plops Turkey Day stuffing n gravy on Sporky's head*

*gives her Malificent horns*

:mrgreen:
y u poek bear?
Ophelia's Vengeance

I watched the first two eps and enjoyed it, thank you!
Furious

Post by Furious »

Ophelia's Vengeance wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:16 pm I watched the first two eps and enjoyed it, thank you!
Yeah I got rid of Marvel Unlimited and now have DC Universe Online. DC's best media is their direct-to-stream cartoons and serial shows, and if you haven't watched the Harley Quinn cartoon, you're missing out on a real treat.

THE BAD NEWS: Because DC is run by idiots, their shows and cartoons are moving to HBO Max (which is already part of my ridiculously expensive internet bundle), and the comics are moving to an new app called DC Universe Infinite. I just cancelled my DC Universe online account. :/
y u poek bear?
Cavenagh

Post by Cavenagh »

So far Animaniacs das Re-Boot is good.

Though our little goblin has taken to stomping around singing Pinky & the Brain.

And that's led to conversations about Insane, Mental Health, Suffragettes, Bedlam, Lab Rats etc.
tree bad fire pretty
Ophelia's Vengeance

Cavenaugh: that's adorable and hilarious.

Furi: I have HBO via Prime which recently switched to Max, so a whole vista of shows and movies has opened for me.