The Mandalorian (with SPOILERS?)

Want to talk about some nifty piece of media that isn't Neil-related? This is the place to do it.
Jeepz

The Mandalorian (with SPOILERS?)

Post by Jeepz »

Ok, I don't know if this belongs here or in the other channel, but I'll try starting it here and see if anyone notices. Also, I can't believe we aren't chatting about it already. I have to believe that anyone interested has watched through season 2, so maybe just preface your spoilers but I don't see why we should avoid them.

Anyway, who's watching? Who's loving?! Any easter eggs to show off, theories to highlight? I wanna hear 'em!

And here's a fun video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FddDNR3829M, that as a friend of mine said, is way better than it should be.
Maeve

Re: The Mandalorian (with SPOILERS?)

Post by Maeve »

I love this show! There was a facebook thread, Adam and Dweller convinced me to watch the animated Clone Wars series which Dev has been trying to get me to watch for a year or so. It’s mostly background stuff, but it’s filling in some Mandalore info right now.

This sort of show is what I wished for, for Rise of Skywalker. There was too much story crammed into that movie. And I was interested in those storylines.

Only annoying thing is the weekly release! I need more than one at a time.
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Furious

Post by Furious »

Just finished watching Ep. 1, Sn. 2

This show gives me the same giddy geek-boy feeling I got when reading Shadows of the Empire and playing Knights of the Old Republic. This is the good Star Wars.
y u poek bear?
Jeepz

Post by Jeepz »

I've started watching the animated Clone Wars series, very Very VERY sporadically. I've enjoyed them, but it's mostly background noise, like when I was working on the basement.
Furious

Post by Furious »

Anyone think The Mandalorian theme sounds an awful lot like Blake's 7 theme?
y u poek bear?
Apathy

Post by Apathy »

I don't even want to tell y'all the way I lost my shit in that season finale 😆
after all, we only get the one life to defile
Jeepz

Post by Jeepz »

Furious wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:16 pm Anyone think The Mandalorian theme sounds an awful lot like Blake's 7 theme?
I don't even know what that is.
Jeepz

Post by Jeepz »

Apathy wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:17 pm I don't even want to tell y'all the way I lost my shit in that season finale 😆
It was NOT what I was expecting. I kept running through "it's Ahsoka" "No no, wait, one of the droids" "Or maybe one of the bounty hunters?"
Furious

Post by Furious »

Apathy wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:17 pm I don't even want to tell y'all the way I lost my shit in that season finale 😆
Who would have thought Jar-Jar Binks was still alive and turned Sith? Explains a lot.
y u poek bear?
Jeepz

Post by Jeepz »

Furious wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:47 pm
Who would have thought Jar-Jar Binks was still alive and turned Sith? Explains a lot.
I couldn't believe how wrinkle-y he was! I mean, the CGI was downright creepy. The effects of the Dark Side were NOT kind to him. And he wasn't any less annoying.