It's been a F#@k of a day

If you want to have an NSFW chat, go here. The rules of the board still apply, so ... get consent. It's important.
Jeepz

It's been a F#@k of a day

Post by Jeepz »

It's been one f#ck of a day today. I might say it's been a week already (and it's only Wednesday). Client management and on the verge of losing a valued client. And while I'm in crisis mode, I found out that we didn't get selected for a project I was really hoping we'd win and would have kicked off the new year on the right (financial) note. Yeah, win some/lose some, but I really thought we had the right team and the right proposal. This one stings for a lot of reasons. And the next couple of months are looking slim. Just needed to vent. I'm frustrated. Pissed. Worried. It's been a day.
Maeve

Re: It's been a F#@k of a day

Post by Maeve »

I have no advice or pithy wisdom, just *hugs*.
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Jeepz

Post by Jeepz »

And for everyone else... How the f#ck is your day going?
Jeepz

Post by Jeepz »

Maeve wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:23 am I have no advice or pithy wisdom, just *hugs*.
Thanks, Maeve. I'll survive. Just needed to unload a little.
Jeepz

Post by Jeepz »

I know I'm just screaming into the void. But then, that's what this room is for.

You know that level of overwhelmed where you just can't do anything? Yeah. Frustrating. Terrifying. Exhausting.
Furious

Post by Furious »

Jeepz wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:07 pm I know I'm just screaming into the void. But then, that's what this room is for.

You know that level of overwhelmed where you just can't do anything? Yeah. Frustrating. Terrifying. Exhausting.
That was me 10 months ago. Now?

*peeks out window to watch the rain*

*takes a nap*

Hang in there, pal.
y u poek bear?
smalltown

Post by smalltown »

I have a meeting in 45 minutes to help my boss tell my other boss that she becomes overly aggressive and railroads meetings when she's frustrated and needs to knock it off. Wheeeee.... :?
duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS
Jeepz

Post by Jeepz »

Oh that sounds peachy.
fduncan

Post by fduncan »

We’re in the midst of a project to totally revamp how we write/deploy code, on top of which I am losing two afternoons/week in leadership training, and a bunch of other new project or current project status meetings.

I tried to finish up (minor tweaks of) a project over the weekend that’s already two weeks late, and I can’t get the tests to compile in this new framework, and we blew 1/2 the day trying to address that. Accomplished nothing.

Accompanied today, oddly, with sudden bouts of sadness/(frustration-induced, maybe?) over this(?), or is it the ongoing preoccupation as teenage me obsessing over my then girlfriend..?

Yeah, so Monday.
Yep. *that* fduncan. Board-crasher, right-coaster, fat-thumbed grammar nebish
[he/him/boomer]
Royko

Post by Royko »

All my days are running together, and sometimes it's hard not to resent all the virus deniers I'm surrounded by.

This is a dark timeline.
What's the point of wearing your favorite rocketship underpants if nobody ever asks to see 'em?